Monday, March 8, 2010

1. Spring 2. Anniversary

One of my absolute favorite things about living in Utah is the 4 distinct seasons. Every time it changes to a new season, I get really excited. I'm stoked for Spring!

ALSO....

Ben and I celebrated our one year anniversary last weekend. Woot! We were going to go to The Roof but decided it just costs too much and my stomach had been acting funny the few days before that and we didn't want risk not feeling good when we got there and then wasting all that money. So, where did we go? Cafe Rio of course :)

Friday night we went and got dinner, checked into the Marriot in Downtown Salt Lake, and went straight to the hot tub. We came back and Ben surprised me with a bottle of Welch's Grape Something (don't remember, but it was fizzy and delicious) and we just relaxed the rest of the night by watching TV (this is kind of a luxury for us since we don't have TV) after a couple of hours of nothing, we realized why we don't have a TV. There's nothing on worth watching. Anyway, the nexy day we went hot tubbing again (of course) and spent a long day just relaxing at home. And, naturally, we had to go to Cafe Rio that night too. Bad news though: I'm still bad at taking pictures of us so nothing but our memories to remember it by.

In my opinion, best anniversary ever! It was perfect: simple and very relaxing :)

I could write a long tribute to Ben but, as we all know, I'm not very good at writing. Anytime I write anything, it alway comes out way too long, really cheesy, and it always feels fake to me. So, short and sweet: Ben, I love you! This last year has been absolutely wonderful and I wouldn't trade it for anything :)

4 comments:

Riki Lee said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys!!! Sounds like a good time. Actually, watching tv would be a luxury for us right now too :)

K'Lyn Lyman said...

We love you both! Happy Anniversary! Looking forward to many more anniversaries and many more memories!
Love MOM

Sadie said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! Treasure every minute!

Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!